I was looking over my 2016 posts and weights and suddenly realized a whole quarter of the year has gone by. And in that 3 months, what have I accomplished? Well, basically I maintained, while eating what I wanted and not moving a whole lot. I started the year at 229 pounds, and today I weigh 230. A pound gain. I think my lowest weight of the quarter was 228 pounds.
I am setting goals for the month of April, and then on May 1 I will update whether I met those goals or not.
1. Wear my Fitbit all month, tracking my activity. Yesterday I got 7501 steps, so I will try to average more than that per day over the course of the month.
2. Ride my bike every day. Minimum of 5 minutes, every day, but of course I will do more most of the time. I mainly want to build the habit of getting on it every day. Eventually, when I am able to ride for 30 minutes/day or more, I'll give myself a day or two off per week. But for now, daily shorter rides will be good. I'm marking the rides in my planner calendar in orange ink along with my daily steps, so I can easily see how I am doing with these goals.
3. Start lifting again. I am not getting specific on when I will start, except that by the end of the month I want to be doing some kind of lifting routine 3 days/week, probably 15-20 minutes long. I still have my old notes of which exercises I used to do so I will start with the basics, at home, with hand weights.
4. Hydrate, a lot. More plain iced tea, iced coffee, and water.
5. Cut back on carbs and portions. I am not going to count calories, carbs, fat or anything else, but I am going to keep with the "eat what I want" while subbing lower carb foods like vegetables for higher carb grains and starches and knocking it off with the sugary stuff (very limited portions).
Weight goal: lose 5 pounds (weigh 225 or less on May 1).
I worked in the yard, biked and walked today and feel great! I'm happy. Hope you are too!
I am 38 years old, female, a degree-holding stay-at-home-mom, and I weigh 278 pounds. I have been obese for ten years now. Time to get out of this fat prison I have made for myself.
--This is the original introduction I wrote when I first started this blog in 2007. I leave it as a reminder to myself of where I came from. Currently, I am 46 years old and weigh significantly less...see the blog for details. I lost 103 pounds, then had a partial regain, and am once again working at weight loss and better health.
Escape from Obesity by Lyn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
All material contained in this blog, including written posts and photographs, is protected by U.S. copyright law. If you would like to reproduce a post or part of a post online, you may do so on a non-commercial site as long as you attribute the material to myself, "Lyn of Escape from Obesity," and include a link to my blog. Any commercial use of these materials is prohibited. If you have questions, please contact me via email.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Which basically means, if you shop through my amazon links, I earn a small commission. Thanks!